Want to make a difference?
The Harris Initial Teacher Education programme offers a strong support network and exciting environment in which to train across a range of subjects and age phases.
We have combined the best elements from a range of training routes to ensure that our beginner teachers graduate from the course feeling supported, confident and well prepared for teaching, with opportunities for career development, fantastic NQT support and a passion for transforming children’s lives.
Some of the benefits of our year-long School Direct programme:
- Leads to Qualified Teacher Status, a PGCE qualification and 60 Masters Level Credits.
- Access to invaluable school and classroom practice as you learn on the job at a placement in one of our 30+ academies.
- Bursaries of up to £30,000 for high-priority subjects or earn a salary as you train, subject to eligibility.
- Scholarships of £25,000 - £30,000 available for maths, chemistry, physics and computer science graduates, subject to eligibility.
- Bespoke weekly subject and pedagogical training days in the heart of Westminster with your fellow trainees.
- Outstanding mentor and Initial Teacher Training team support.
- A second placement in a contrasting school environment.