Alliance PartnerBack to Alliance Partners
Enterprise and Sport
Harris Academy Purley is a co-educational 11-18 Academy for 1,100 students which opened in September 2009. Harris Academy Purley opened a £20 million new building in September 2012. Harris Purley offers specialisms in Enterprise and Sport using its extensive playing fields. The Academy was judged to be Outstanding by Ofsted in December 2011. Student progress is in the top 10% nationally.
Harris Academy Purley is a school where students are given the opportunity and encouragement to achieve their personal best. By the time they leave the Academy, we want our young people to be happy and educated with the desire and drive to succeed. This means:
- Each student gets the individual care and attention they need to thrive and achieve their personal best.
- Teachers bring learning alive and class sizes are kept as small as possible.
- Students participate in a broad range of after-school activities.
- All students contribute to Academy life by taking on positions of responsibility. This may, for example, be through directing an Academy play, captaining a sports team or playing in a band.
- Everyone works together to maintain a happy, safe and orderly environment. We instil mutual respect between students and staff and have zero tolerance of bullying in any form.
- We promote high expectations and set standards of excellence. Staying on for Sixth Form is encouraged so that it becomes the norm, not the exception. Our Sixth Form is being run in conjunction with the Harris Sixth form.