ProgrammesBack to Courses & Programmes
5. Governance and Ofsted: a focus on the curriculum and the quality of education (Secondary)
Governance and Ofsted: a focus on the curriculum and quality of education
6.00pm to 7.30pm MS Teams Live Event
Trainer: Sam Hainey, Executive Principal Harris and previous HMI
This session will focus on looking at the Ofsted framework and what the expectations are for governance. It will look at what governors will be expected to know about their school’s curriculum, particularly in relation to:
- the structure of the curriculum at key stage 3
- the ambition towards the Ebacc at key stage 4
- how the curriculum is being implemented
- the impact of the curriculum for current pupils (without reference to data)
- raised expectations for the sixth form
- how inspection, such as the deep-dive approach, will work in practice and its implications for governance.
The session will also provide further training on how governors should question even more effectively, providing rigour and robustness in their challenge and support to school leaders. This will include in relation to knowledge of off-rolling as part of leadership and management.