National Professional Qualification for Middle Leaders (NPQML)
The NPQML is a qualification that provides national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a middle leader. This is an in-depth programme available to all school phases, which enables you to operate more effectively in your current role (aspiring to become a middle leader). It also prepares you for the next stage in your career should you wish to undertake the National Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders (NPQSL). To apply click here.
We invite you to benefit from this wealth of experience by developing your leadership potential through our NPQML programme.
Who is the programme for?
The programme is designed for aspirant middle leaders with responsibility for leading a team, including key stage / subject / curriculum leaders, heads of department and pastoral leaders.
What is involved?
The NPQML qualification consists of:
- completion of two essential modules and one elective module
- engaging in 50 hours of blended learning activities, such as:
- work-based learning
- self-directed learning (online reading)
- support for learning (facilitators/line managers)
- coaching for improvement (mentors)
- learning with peers
- face-to-face learning
- structured reflection (critical review, evaluation and analysis)
- recorded reflections and identification of key learning (to focus on leadership development priorities and to demonstrate progress)
- blogs and WebEx
- successful completion of an assessed task.
The programme is led by experienced principals and delivered by expert facilitators with extensive experience in senior leadership and transformational change.
If you have recently completed other relevant training, you may be entitled to an exemption from one or more of the NPQML modules.
You will study the programme over three school terms and must complete the assessment within 18 months of starting the programme.
The assessment comprises a task, which will be assessed by an independent organisation, EMLC, on behalf of the NCTL:
- The task, in which you lead at team level, will be drawn from your school and focused on a school improvement priority.
Further details, including information on exemptions, can be found on the GOV.UK website.
Face-to-face training sessions will take place at one of our Academies or Alliance partner schools. Participants will have opportunities to tour the schools and Academies, experiencing the different settings and drawing on a range of best practice.
The cost of this programme is £999.
How to Apply
Click here to find out more about how to apply or start your application.
If you have any questions about the programme, you can contact us by using the form below, or speak to us on 0208 253 7787.