Fully Funded Maths Training for Teachers
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace Teaching School is pleased to confirm that we have secured Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST) funding to support teachers to enhance their maths teaching and be equipped to meet the demands of teaching Key Stage Three and Key Stage Four Maths.
Schools looking to increase the capacity in their maths departments by equipping staff to teach maths will receive a bursary of £700 on successful completion of the training.
The aims of the programme are:
- Participants will improve their subject knowledge & confidence in the teaching content of the new National Curriculum for KS3.
- Participants will improve their subject knowledge and confidence in the teaching and assessment requirements of the new GCSE specifications.
- Participants will develop different strategies and improve pedagogy, including leading the learning of all abilities.
|TSST Maths Day One||Tuesday, 7th November 2017||
|TSST Maths Day Two||Thursday, 7th December 2017||
|TSST Maths Day Three||Monday, 8th January 2018||
|TSST Maths Day Four||Thursday, 8th February 2018||
|TSST Maths Day Five||Tuesday, 13th March 2018||
|TSST Maths Day Six||Friday, 20th April 2018||
Please note that when applying for a place, you signal your commitment to attending all of the dates detailed below. All sessions will be held at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace. Schools will receive the £700 payment once participants have completed all of the training sessions above.
TSST is a Government funded programme designed to up-skill teachers and increase capacity. To be eligible for a funded place, teachers need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be a non - maths specialist teaching the subject e.g. a biology or chemistry teacher teaching GCSE maths
- Be a maths teacher returning to the profession after an extended break
- Be a supply teacher who would like to be able to teach maths
- The programme is fully funded but does not cover travel costs
- Applications can only be made with full support of the Head Teacher
Next steps & application:
There are a limited number of places available and these are confirmed on a first come, first served basis. We therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to secure your place. To apply, please e-mail HCACP@harristeachingschool.com for our TSST application form. Send the completed form back to the same address by Friday 20th October 2017.